Assembly District 54 (special election)
Stay tuned! We'll post upcoming events on Facebook.
If you are a candidate in our district seeking an endorsement, please fill out this form or email our political director.
All candidates seeking WYD endorsement must:
- Sign a statement affirming that Black Lives Matter.
- Commit to facilitating a public community roundtable between law enforcement leadership and local community-based and identity-based organizations in their city or district within 6 months of assuming their new term.
- Not accept any donations from police unions.
- Support legislation that mandates that all law enforcement entities be subject to a Civilian Oversight Commission, with subpoena power, that will issue regular findings and reports of police-involved shootings and incidents.
- For candidates that will have direct oversight of police contracts: upon taking office, call for an independent, third-party review of their department's “use of force” techniques and policies. The results of the finding must be made available to the public.